Solidarity Not Charity
What do we do?
Solidarity Kitchen provides food and other forms of help to those who need it the most. We are responding to the ever-present problems of poverty and hunger with solidarity and mutual aid.
What has Solidarity Kitchen done during the Covid-19 pandemic?
What is Solidarity Kitchen?
Solidarity Kitchen is an independent collective that provides food and other forms of assistance to those who need it most. The Solidarity Kitchen collective was formed out of a need to respond to the ubiquitous problems of poverty and hunger, which are especially noticeable in crisis situations, with solidarity and mutual aid.
Solidarity Kitchen activists participate in all activities related to assistance: raising funds, procuring, preparing and distributing food. Food is distributed directly to those in need at several places in the city of Belgrade.
Values that we are cultivating and applying are those of mutual aid and direct democracy, and we will not tolerate discrimination of any kind. As we believe that the fight against hunger should not be used as a means for advertising and self-promotion, we do not cooperate with political parties or organizations that aspire to become political parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are organized on following principles:
- The focus of organizing and operating of Solidarity Kitchen is providing food and other forms of solidarity to those who need it most.
- We believe that the contribution to the struggle against hunger should not be used for the purpose of advertising and self-promotion.
- We refuse to cooperate with organizations, groups or individuals who discriminate against people on national, sexual, racial, gender related, religious or other grounds.
- Solidarity Kitchen is an independent, non-profit, direct democratic organization. We do not cooperate with political parties, nor organizations that aspire to become political parties.
- Solidarity Kitchen functions as an independent collective in which decisions are made by the members, on the principles of direct democracy, by consensus or by vote of at least a two-thirds majority of the total number of members of the collective.
- Members of the collective who do not agree with a decision do not have to carry it out, but they cannot act contrary to the decisions of the majority.
- Beside members of the collective, activists also take part in the work of the Solidarity Kitchen, and they have the right to be fully informed about absolutely all activities of the collective.
- The Solidarity Kitchen collective takes vote on applications for membership. Applicant becomes a member if a simple majority of the collective members votes in favor.
Support Us Through Donations
Solidarity Kitchen is fully financed by donations, but we also accept grocery donations as they can be supplied to our kitchens or to users directly.
We need to constantly replenish stocks, because groceries are consumed quickly and the number of users is growing daily. If you wish to donate groceries, you can call +381 63 145 5930 so we can arrange their collection.
Foreign currency account
Serbian Dinar Account
If you want to donate money, you can do it directly to our bank account.
(recipient Solidarna kuhinja CPM).